Sunday, July 5, 2009

Training for a triathlon


A few months ago I came to the astonishing realization that I was not getting any younger. So I decided to complete a few

pending things, one of them ... a triathlon.

Training for a triathlon required I sharpen
my skills in swimming,

cycling, running, build endurance in all three sp
orts and strategize how to perform them sequentially.

Vermont is an ideal location for conditioning for a Tri, hills to climb, lakes to swim in, little traffic and gorgeous views.
I began conditioning in May, sporadically. I later ran and swam frequently during June, and started training 5 days a week in July. Next I will target proper training with a
structured triathlon plan.





Goal: Lake Dunmore Triathlon, 1.45 km swim, 45 km bike, 10 km run, early August

No comments:

Post a Comment