Monday, August 31, 2009

Half Vermont Journey



Half Vermont Journey is the name of the Half Iron Man race that took place in Lake Dunmore, on August 30th.


I thought participating in this race would be a good way to celebrate the end of summer (and I was not the only faculty nut to do so).


Getting my goggles ready for the swim
Third wave, all the pretty ladies




Ready...















Go!












The swim was fun and pleasant, water temperature cool enough to swim long distance, the sky clear. The orange buoys easily visible and there were many volunteers on canoes which helped with sighting.







The bike portion was also very nice, given the good condition of Rt 7 on the stretch picked for the course. The only down side of this leg of the event was the line outside the only portable potty (where I lost at least 6-7 minutes). Photo from Lightworks





Now the run was a different story. I had been running a decent pace for most of the month of August, but knew my knee could misbehave after mile 6. To my surprise it was another old injury that flared up and turned the las 6 miles of the half marathon into a pain fest.














But I finished. And having completed all three "manageable" triathlon distances (I leave the ironman distance to the truly ambitious)

I now know how to train for next season,













A very patient support team






and a smile

1 comment:

  1. Hola, necesitaría me des entrenamiento, podemos arreglar? Flor

    ReplyDelete