Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lake Dunmore Tri

Completed the Lake Dunmore Triathlon, on August 9th. Great site for a first Olympic Distance Tri. The support staff and volunteers are top-level and the course very safe. That is additional to a lovely atmosphere, friendly people and a number of impressive athletes with top of the line gear.






(Sandiway Fong kindly captured my attempt to make up time a few meters before the finish)
Bike picture from Light Works
Swim picture

Despite the beautiful scenery, I was slow, so a little disappointed at my efforts, but so it goes when training is sporadic and life complex.


(The Mad River Rec Path, an excellent running site)

T
o respond to friends, who surprised asked me why do a triathlon, I can only say... it was great fun to play outdoors. (part of some choices we make along the way...)






or as Robert Frost said in his poem..

The Road Not Taken




Two roads
diverged in a wood,
and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference


In memory of my good friend Alejandro R.

No comments:

Post a Comment